This Warranty applies to the supply and installation of the Solar Panel Modules, the Inverters and the Mounting supplied by Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 49 107 979 546
|Component||Period of Warranty|
|Solar Panel Modules (manufacturing defects)||10 years|
|Solar Panel Modules (performance)||25 years|
|Installation (workmanship)||7 years|
|Mounting Frame||10 years|
|Whole System warranty||5 Years|
Subject to clauses 2 and 3 below, Teracom Solutions warrants to the Owner that:
1. The Teracom Solutions installed products will be free from faults in materials and workmanship for the corresponding whole system warranty period referred to above.
2. The period of warranty of a product may extend past the whole system warranty provided by Teracom Solutions and in the case that a product may fail after the whole system warranty period Teracom Solutions will provide support to the customer to ensure issue is rectified, this may incur additional costs.
3. The installation of the products has been provided with due care and skill and has been performed in accordance with all relevant law and applicable standards for the corresponding Period of Warranty referred to above;
4. The installation of the products will be free from installation-related defects for the Period of Warranty referred to above;
5. If a Solar Panel Module’s minimum power output (as specified in the manufacturer’s written specifications (Minimum power output) displays a power output of less than 90% of the Minimum Power Output within 10 years from the date of installation, or less than 80% within 25 years from the date of installation, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
6. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure, and Teracom Solutions determines, at its reasonable discretion, that the power output loss is due to faults in materials or manufacture, then Teracom Solutions, will either repair or replace the Solar Panel Module to bring the aggregate power output to the warranted percentage of specified Minimum Power Output (Minimum power output Warranty).
2 Warranty Conditions
- All information in the certification section of this Warranty must have been completed for it to be valid.
- This Warranty will only apply to the original installation of the relevant Teracom Solutions Products and will immediately terminate upon the removal from the initial installation of such Teracom Solutions Products.
- A photovoltaic Solar Panel Module is not conforming with the Minimum Power Output Warranty, Teracom Solutions may at its sole option, use re-manufactured, refurbished or new parts when repairing or replacing a photovoltaic Solar Panel Module, to bring the aggregate power output to the level required by the Minimum Power Output Warranty. Replaced Solar Panel Modules will become the property of Teracom Solutions.
3 Warranty restrictions and exclusions
This Warranty will not apply:
If any of the Teracom Solutions supplied products are handled or used by any person other than the Installer other than in compliance with the current version of the manufacturer’s instructions which includes the repair or modification of any of the Teracom Solutions Products by someone other than an approved service technician of Teracom Solutions; or
- If and when any of the Teracom Solutions supplied products are exposed to conditions which would normally be adverse or harmful to solar panel modules, inverters and mounting frames, including but not limited to:
- Removal or damage to the rating plate of an Inverter;
- Damage caused by foreign objects, projectiles or debris (including hail or storm-related debris);
- Any usage other than for the sole purpose of generating electricity for a [residential] building, unless approved in writing by Teracom Solutions; and
- Conditions resulting from a defect in components which are not part of the Teracom Solutions supplied products and installed by or on behalf of Teracom Solutions;
- Defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes not attributed to faulty parts of the manufacturer of the any of the Teracom Solutions supplied products, including but not limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, accidental damage, improper voltage, vermin infestation, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, software, or any repairs, modification or alterations made to any of the Teracom Solutions Product which are not authorised by Teracom Solutions;
- Conditions or defects arising directly or indirectly from installation in an aero, mobile, or marine environment, war, riots, destruction, fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, typhoon, cyclone, hurricanes, tornado, volcanic action, tidal wave, snowfall, freezing, salt damage, acid rain, power failures or surges, lightening, indirect lightening stroke, flood, damage by insect, animal, land subsidence, crack or landslide, accident, or abnormal environment or pollution, actions of third parties and other events that occur outside of Teracom Solutions' control and not occurring under normal operating conditions, or any phenomena that cannot be prevented with the technology available for practical use as at the Installation Date; or
- To issues which do not affect the basic performance and power generating function of the Teracom Solutions supplied products notwithstanding any external scratch or stain, or natural mechanical wearing which does not represent a defect of the Solar Power Module or inverter, corrosion, mould, deterioration, discoloration, and any other factor of similar kind or nature that occurs after delivery of the module or inverter, or does not affect the structure, mechanical strength due to slight corrosion.
- This Warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes any express and implied rights and remedies.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Subject to clause 3 (c), Teracom Solutions will not be liable for any incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, loss of production and loss of revenues, in any possible way, connected or associated with the Teracom Solutions supplied products or the installation of the Teracom Solutions supplied products.
- Subject to the rights and remedies of an Owner under law which cannot be limited, Teracom Solutions’s liability under this Warranty is limited (at Teracom Solutions' sole discretion) to:
- Replacement of the relevant products, or resupply of installation services;
- Payment of the cost of replacement of relevant products or resupply of installation services;
- Repair of the relevant products; or
- Payment of the cost of having the relevant products repaired.
- Other than as expressly set out in this Warranty, and the warranties that cannot be excluded under The Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) (and any other law), Teracom Solutions excludes all other warranties and guarantees with regard to the Teracom Solutions supplied products, including all implied warranties and guarantees.
Claims or questions
- For any claims or questions in relation to this Warranty please contact:
|Head office: 1B Yazaki Way|
Carrum Downs 3201, Victoria, Australia
|Phone:03 9708 2685|
- Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a warranty claim.