Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd, its affiliates ad subsidiaries ("we", "us", "our", Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd”) are committed to protecting your privacy .This
Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd
+61 3 9708 2685
Privacy Officer: HR Department Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd
For other branded mobile applications powered by Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd, our Clients control all the Personal Data collected through our Products. We collect the information under the direction of our Clients and the processing of such information shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our Clients has engaged us. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
Personal Sensitive Data includes ID numbers, personal biometric information, bank account information, communication records and content, property information, credit information, records of whereabouts, accommodation information, health information, transaction information, and the Personal Data of minors.
Smart Devices refers to those nonstandard computing devices produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers, with human-machine interface and the ability to transmit data that connect wirelessly to a network, including: smart home appliances, smart wearable devices, smart air cleaning devices, etc.
What Personal Data do We Collect
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary Personal Data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide part of the function of the services or even not able to provide our products or services.
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide Us.
• Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number, user name, and log-in credentials. During your interaction with our Products,wemayfurthercollectyournickname,profilepicture,countrycode, language preference or time zone information into your account.
• Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in our Products, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
• Session data: During your session of consultation or interaction with our business staff about products or services through the IM system, we will collect your session records and relevant information, which is limited to the following: customized session ID, session time, and your Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd account. The purpose of such collection is to analyze your concerns raised during consultation, so that we can enhance and improve our IM services and identify usage trends. However, please be reminded that we will not collect any sensitive personal information related to your identity.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
• Device Information: When you interact with our Product, we automatically collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
• Usage Data: During your interaction with our Sites and Services, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received, and other usage of our Sites and Services.
• Log Information: When you use TeraSmart or control the Smart Device through the App, the system and exception log may be uploaded, including the IP address, the language you use, the version of mobile operating system, the time of access, etc..
Please note that device information or log information alone is not able to identify specific individual. If we combine these type of non-personal information with other information to identify, or combine it with personal information process, during the time, this type of non-personal information will be treated as personal information, unless we have obtained your consent or unless otherwise provided by data protection laws and regulations, we will anonymize and desensitize such information.
• Location Information: When you enable the location-based functions through permission setting on your mobile device, we will collect and process your location information so that you can use TeraSmart to pairing with your smart device. We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use our specific Products or Services, such as robot cleaner and weather service. You can reject the location permission in your mobile device to avoid the collection of your location information.
3. Smart Devices Related Information
• Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with our Products or Services, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
• Smart Device setting information: when you purchase the TeraSmart, Teravision product and set the name or description, for example, such as a Intercom, you name it "Welcome doorbell", as well as information about changing the location where the name of the product is pairing, and any adjustments to this setting.
• Information Reported by Smart Devices: Depending on the different Smart Devices you elect to connect with our Products or Services, we may collect different information reported by your Smart Devices. To name the information that is reported by this particular security product, i.e. the images or motions or videos.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The purposes for which we may process your personal data about you are as follows:
• Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our Products and Services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. Additionally, if you consent to participate in our lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your Personal Data to manage such activities.
• Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data, device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our Products. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
• Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:(a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations;(b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems;(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If there is any change in the purposes for processing your personal data, we will inform such changes to you via email (specified in your account)and/or a prominent notice on our website of such changes of purposes, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Share, Transfer, Disclose Personal Data
At Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd, we only share Personal Data in ways that we tell you about. We may share your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
1) Obtain your explicit consent or authorization in the first place, or provide information to support for your dispute resolution with other users in accordance with your formal request;
2) In accordance with relevant agreements we contracted with you (including electronic agreements and corresponding Term of Use) or other legal documents provided;
3) In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, judicial procedures, and other mandatory administrative or judicial requests;
4) In order to comply with the law, execution orders, or adhere to our Term of Use and other agreements, to the extent permitted by laws and regulations, only by sharing Personal Data can protect the rights, privacy, property or securityfromdamageforTeracomSolutionsPtyLtd,ouraffiliates,partners, you or other Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd users;
5) To protect our facilities, operations and systems and to seek remedies available for this purpose or to limit the damages we may need to provide;
6) Data sharing for the academic research;
7) Share Personal Data for the public interest in compliance with laws and regulations.
• To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functionsforus,suchaswebsitehosting,dataanalysis,paymentandcreditcard processing,infrastructureprovision,ITservices,customersupportservice, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us. In this respect, we share your Personal Data in a legitimate, necessary, specific and with defined purposes, meanwhile, we only share your Personal Data which are required to share. At the same time, the third-party service providers will not access to exact Personal Data about you and have no right to use Personal Data for other processing purposes which contracted with us.
• To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our Sites and Services.
At Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd, we only transfer Personal Data in ways that we tell you about. We may transfer your Personal Data with the following reasons:
1) Obtain your explicit consent or authorization in the first place;
2) In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, judicial procedures, and other mandatory administrative or judicial requests;
3) In accordance with relevant agreements we contracted with you (including electronic agreements and corresponding Term of Use) or other legal documents provided;
We only disclose your Personal Data under the following conditions and adopt industry-standard security measures:
1) Upon your request and through the way you consent, we will disclose your Personal Data;
2) Where it is necessary to provide Personal Data in accordance with laws and regulations, mandatory administrative enforcement or judicial requirements, we may disclose Personal Data accordingly with the defined types of data and way of disclosure. Under the premise of complying with laws and regulations, when we receive the above request for disclosure of Personal Data, we will require the corresponding valid legal documents, subpoenas or investigation letters. To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, the files we disclose are protected by encryption keys.
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data, including but not limited to the following security measures: establishing strict internal data management systems and processes, encryption of Personal Data (including transmission, storage and processing), desensitization of the data, segregation of employees roles and duties, conducting security and privacy awareness training for our internal employees, access control and monitoring, etc., to prevent leakage, illegal usage, unauthorized access or infringement of Personal Data.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing the contact information of Privacy Office.
If a security incident affects the security of your account or Personal Data, we will promptly notify you through the email address, phone number, or Notification Center, etc., that you provided to us, and keep you informed of any suggestions to reduce or prevent related risks. When necessary, we will immediately take appropriate remedial measures in accordance with internal security response plan and report to the relevant authorities accordingly.
Individual Privacy Rights
We respect your rights and control over your Personal Data. You may exercise any of the following rights:
◼Via the fill out the route that the individual can access to provide feedback in your App in the App;
◼By emailing us at the contact information of Privacy Office.
You do not have to pay a fee for executing your personal rights. According to different data protection laws, your request of personal rights will be handled within 15 business days, or within 30 calendar days due to different response requirement.
If you decide to email us, please make clear what information you would like to have changed in your request, whether you would like to have your Personal Data deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
◼Request access to the Personal Data that we process about you;
◼Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you;
◼Request deletion of Personal Data about you;
◼Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing some or all Personal Data about you;
◼Request transfer of Personal Data to you or a third party where we the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated;
◼Opt-out or object to our use of Personal Data about you where our use based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
About Delete of the Account: You can find the Delete function through fill out the route of Deletion in your App.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Primarily, Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd adheres to Data Localization Requirement and Minimum Data shall involve International Transfer, while in order to facilitate our operation, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. When we do so, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided for the information by using the following approach:
Include but not limited to the agreement on the basis of approved EU standard contractual clauses per GDPR Art. 46. For more information, see
We determine the appropriate retention period based on the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Data, and after the retention period ends, we will destruct your Personal Data. When we are unable to do so for technical reasons, we will ensure that appropriate measures are put in place to prevent any further such use of your Personal Data.
Privacy of Young Children
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. Accordingtothedifferentdataprotectionandprivacyregulations,theServices are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide any Personal Data to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) unless we first obtain permission from that child's parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) without permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian, we will take steps to remove that information.
Center in the Application, or other appropriate channels. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If we make any material changes we will notify you by channels that you can easily access to, for instance, email or SMS (send to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective.
Teracom Solutions Pty Ltd
Postal Mailing Address: 1B Yazaki Way Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia, 3201